Smoking—it’s a bad habit that’s also super hard to break. Australians like to smoke, with 2.5 million Aussies smoking daily and over 200,000 smoking irregularly. In addition, 14 per cent or 1 in 7 Aussies 15 years and over admitted to smoke every day with 2 per cent saying that they smoke irregularly. But, if you suddenly become too conscious about your health and wanted to ease yourself out of tobacco puffing, then there’s a healthier alternative you can try–vaping. You can find all sorts of vaping equipment, as well as other vaping accessories, from suppliers, like https://www.vapeyou.com.au/.
What Are Vapes Exactly?
A vape or e-cigarette is a pod or tube that lets you smoke vapour, instead of the smoke traditional cigarettes produce. Most vapes are reusable with refillable or replaceable cartridges, but you can also find ones that are disposable.
In 1963, Herbert A. Gilbert requested the first patent for “smokeless, non-tobacco cigarette”. But, the device was not properly introduced to the public until the year 2003, when Chinese pharmacist, Hon Lik, invented his own e-cigarette.
Today, there are various types of vape equipment to choose from.
Parts of E-Cigarette
For most vapes, the parts include:
- Mouthpiece – This is a cartridge fixed at the end of the tube. There’s a small plastic cup inside the mouthpiece that has the absorbent material soaked in the liquid solution. This cartridge can be replaced or refilled whenever needed.
- Heating Element – Also known as the atomiser, this part heats the solution liquid which causes it to vapourise. The liquid solution can then be inhaled or breathed in.
- Sensor – Vapes also feature a sensor that activates the heater as you suck on the device. There may be LED lighting up when it is activated.
- Rechargeable Battery – Being an electronic device, vapes also need a battery to work, powering the atomiser. Vape batteries usually come as rechargeable, lithium-ion batteries.
- Liquid Solution – Also known as the vape juice or e-liquid, you can find a variety of vape liquid solutions from suppliers, like https://www.vapeyou.com.au/. These solutions are made by mixing nicotine extracted from tobacco, a base (more commonly vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol), and specific flavouring. Some solutions do not contain nicotine and only contain food-grade flavouring. Ever since the birth of the vaping industry, there has beena wide range of flavours to choose from. They can be menthol, watermelon, chocolate, apple, or the more traditional flavouring that mixes menthol and tobacco to resemble old-style smoking.
How Does It Work?
The process is called vaping, short for “vapourising”. As the user sucks on the mouthpiece, the sensor activates the heating element of the e-cigarette which then vapourises the liquid solution inside the cartridge or mouthpiece. The user then inhales or “vapes” the aerosol solution.
Depending on the type of vape equipment you can choose from suppliers, like https://www.vapeyou.com.au/, vaping produces a big cloud of vapour that dissipates real quick. Other than helping people quit smoking, this cloud of vapor is also what draws in most people to the vaping world. Plus, there’s also the subtle smell of whatever flavouring you have.